Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Pre-school Preparation

Before classes started in January, I had an orientation in November at Simmons.  It was an all day program, starting with breakfast and speakers.  It was very informational and what struck me was how knowledgeable and congenial the staff at Simmons was.  It felt like a warm inviting atmosphere where you could ask any questions.  I knew that I would have a great support group here if I needed help of any kind.  That really put me at ease.  I also met fellow new students, ate lunch with current students (also VERY helpful-we badgered them with questions!) and met my advisor and registered for classes after workshops about the library and the young adult program (my possible concentration).  Overall, it was a great day but very overwhelming.  I went home and slept for three hours!

The next thing I had to do was tackle the TOR....insert scream of pain here....

No comments:

Post a Comment